The perfect packing list für the Seychelles
NOh-so-many trips to the Seychelles, and my three-year stay on La Digue, I know this is a destination like no other. A lot of unnecessary things I had been missing nearly 10 years ago during my first trip here, and a lot has. Over the years, I've created a packing list, which has already helped countless travelers.
A couple of tips I give you in advance:
- Long clothes you only need for the flight. It cools down at night and due to the high humidity it is a lot of sweating. A long and airy trousers in the evening to be against mosquitoes, however, helpful.
- Due to the location almost on the Equator, the sunlight is very strong. Therefore, you should pack a high SPF – I always use SPF 50.
- A mosquito spray don't forget you can get emergency on the spot, even if it is much more expensive.
Download: Seychelles Packing List
The perfect packing list for the Seychelles
Packing list of Seychelles – suitcase or backpack?
Most of the vacationers traveling with a suitcase or a Trolley to the Seychelles. Backpacker backpacks, as we know from other countries, one sees very rarely, what is surely the comfortable way to travel.
- As Luggage, I use a 75 cm wide, very lightweight hard-shell Trolley of TITANIUM, which has a very low weight of only 3.4 kg (I have the black model)
- As a backpack for hand Luggage I use the Osprey Fairview, in which I store all my Equipment (Osprey Fairview 40 travel backpack).
Packing list on the Seychelles – the right clothes
As mentioned at the beginning, you need for the Seychelles do not have warm clothes. I have a pair of long pants and a Fleexe sweater here that I wear, I only on the flight. In the evening it will be in the Seychelles, never really cooling and at any time of the year. The coldest time of the year when you can say that in a tropical destination so, are July and August. In the months it is due to the Wind during the day much more pleasant and the temperature around 29 degrees.
The long cardigan in the evening, you can so at home.
The following items of clothing but you should definitely pack:
- 8 Tops
- 2 T-Shirts
- 2 short fabric shorts
- 1 short denim Shorts
- 4 dresses (airy and fluffy)
- For Hiking: 1 short sports shorts or 3/4 Leggings
- 1 loose beach dress
- 2 Bikinis
- 8 under pants
- 2 Bras
- Small Umbrella
- 1 Board Shorts or 3/4 Leggings (e.g., for Hiking)
- Cap or sun hat
- Micro-fiber beach towel (quick-drying, because normal towels to dry due to the high humidity is very bad)
- Thin cloth (to protect from the sun, I throw me on hikes, for example also over the shoulders or head)
- Flip Flops (I'm a big Fan of Havaianas, because they keep for a very long time and you have a good comfort)
- Sneakers (for Hiking)
- 3 Pairs Of Sneaker Socks
- Thrombosis-the-knee socks for the flight (Which I have on every long flight) - distance carrying
- 2 sunglasses
- 1 Pair of water shoes to protect against sharp coral, sea urchins, stone fish, and glass shards (e.g., Unisex Slippers)
- Snorkeling equipment (snorkel, goggles, snorkel and fins)
- Snorkel-the Top so-called Lycra (protects you while snorkeling in front of the sun)
- Jute bag, mesh bag or other reusable shopping bag
- Small Handbag
- Reusable water bottle (e.g. Nalgene BPA-free and Soft, from Kleen Kanteen or other stainless steel)
Packing List Of Seychelles – Utensils & Co
There are a few things you should remember during a trip to the Seychelles.
A so-called Drybag keeps your valuables dry, for example on boat trips, at the beach or in the rain. I use the Osprey Ultralight Drybags in two different sizes – processing of the top and ultra-light.
- Forehead lamp
A head lamp you need, especially for La Digue for the bike, because the bikes have no light, and there is little street lighting.
I use the Bose, QuietComfort 20 Noise-Cancelling In-Ear headphones and am more than satisfied, otherwise, here you can find a simpler/cheaper Version.
Books and travel guides to the Seychelles
On the Seychelles you'll have a lot of time. So why not read a good book? I have read in the past, many wonderful books.
First of all, I would like to recommend to you, of course, my own Seychelles travel guide (book or E-Book) that I published in April 2019. On 420 pages you can find out everything you need to know for the Islands. Subjectively, honest & of a Seychelles expert!
More books that I want to put you to the heart:
- Seychelles – A guide to the island of happiness (Heike Mallad)
- The Café on the edge of the world – narratives about the meaning of life (John Strelecky)
- Big Five for Life – What really matters in life (John Strelecky)
- Don't worry you live! (Dale Carnegie)
Packing List Of Seychelles – Cosmetics & Co.
In the Seychelles, the base cosmetics in super markets or pharmacies are available. However, there are no drugstores as we know them from Germany. Most of the products that are in a dm or Rossmann available, there is in the Seychelles just. Therefore, you should bring the necessary products from Germany.
- Hair Brush & Comb
- Hair Ties / Hair Clips / Hair Band
- Toothbrush, paste and floss
- Hair shampoo (I recommend a solid Shampoo without packing for the protection of the environment, e.g., the shower of boulders, I avail myself of the last two years)
- Shower gel
- Sun cream SPF 30, better SPF 50 (best without the use of chemical filters and plastic Micro/nano article, for example, by Suntribe, sea, sun cream PAEDIPROTECT or Annemarie Börlind. I have used for a year, the sun cream from Jean & Len, “without fuss” SPF 50 and was very satisfied, however, micro-plastic is included.)
- Après-Lotion (e.g., from Ladival without additives)
- Nail Clippers + Nail File + Tweezers
- Razor (if necessary. extra Blades)
- Cotton swab
- Make-up (Mascara, concealer, powder, etc.)
- For women: towels, Tampons, or a eco-friendly mensturation Cup, for example, of the Lunette)